she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
[WOPS] Keiko & June
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2024 21:49:26 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","keiko11base"]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]She had no idea what to expect inside, but the Rangers in charge had sounded serious when they indicated they needed people to dive down and retrieve artifacts. Keiko sat atop Togekiss who fluttered above the ideal dive zone, giving Keiko a moment to assess the underwater wreckage with her borrowed scanner.[break][break]
"It looks like there are Sharpedo swimming throughout the structure." She announced it clear enough for the half-dozen divers to hear. "We'll need to clear those guys out before we can get anything."[break][break]
Togekiss was better-equipped for the air, but Pelipper was a good enough diver that the two of them could handle a few trips. "Partners will be the best approach," she offered as she slid off of Togekiss and into the water. She turned to the woman closest and asked, "Can I stick by your side?"[break][break] [break]21. Use technology to assist in the operation.
[attr="class","rosepoke"]
[break]
[attr="class","rouxcredit1"]

[newclass=.keiko11base]font:12px roboto;--accent:#fd85e0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base]width:500px; padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rpost]width:500px;height:auto;border:1px solid #1a1a1a; background-color:#222; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rose]width:450px; max-height:100%; margin:20px 0px 20px 20px; padding:0px; background:rgba(26, 26, 26, .8); border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rosepost]width:380px; height:auto; color:#eee; margin: auto; padding:20px; text-align:justify; font-size:12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit1]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
Swallow the Heart and Kill the Senses
awards
525 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
[WOPS] Keiko & June
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2024 22:06:12 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
Uh… sure?

June had yet to so eagerly fall into the depths of the water. Water wasn’t exactly an enclosed space. She could still move freely, and Sea Mauville was pretty damn big above and below. That wasn’t the part that got her heart to race and for her knuckles to turn white from her grip on the saddle of Knight.

It was the heavy canister on her back, the only source of precious oxygen, that gave her pause. She ran out, she drowned. She lost her respirator, she drowned. The ocean pressed down and suffocated her. But she needed money, and was desperate. But she was still not a proper ranger.

That’s why she slowly let go of the Corviknight, who half-perched-half-steadied a large metal tub and fell into the water.

It didn’t take long for her to swim to Keiko. “But I’m just here to haul anything valuable back. Don’t expect me to do much otherwise.

The sooner she dove and did whatever the hell she wanted her to do, the better. That’s why she was the first to throw herself below the waters. It also helped to not think too hard about it. Even if the pressure already made her breathing accelerate.

But the Vaporeon she let out would help. Wouldn’t have to swim directly into danger.

Is this thing working?” June said into the radio. “If so, I’m gonna send Sweety ahead and see what happens.

The blue creature went ahead with surprising speed and soon became a blip before… whatever that place was supposed to be.

What did you say the bastards were again,” she kicked forward, “Veluza right? The vaultin’ ones?

04. Direct a pokemon to scout ahead for reconnaissance.

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
[WOPS] Keiko & June
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2024 22:13:28 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]Valuable? "Like intel?" She wasn't sure what to expect to find underneath. What would artifacts and intel look like?[break][break]
She dove underneath the water with her slim mask, Pelipper sinking underneath with her. Keiko was glad her new partner in crime had a very efficient pokemon for this task. "Loud and clear," she responded cheerfully. Vaporeon sped ahead of them, causing Keiko worry. "Er, we're expecting Sharpedo, which might react aggressively to such a quick-moving -"[break][break]
The Sharpedo swarm was on all of them, now. Pelipper used super sonic on the Sharpedo closest, confusing the deep-sea pokemon. "We need to move quickly into the structure. If we find a small enough opening, the Sharpedo won't be able to follow."[break][break] [break]27. Handle encounters with hostile individuals or pokemon.
[break]

[newclass=.keiko11base i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rpost]width:500px;height:auto;border:1px solid #1a1a1a; background-color:#222; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rose]width:450px; max-height:100%; margin:20px 0px 20px 20px; padding:0px; background:rgba(26, 26, 26, .8); border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rosepost]width:380px; height:auto; color:#eee; margin: auto; padding:20px; text-align:justify; font-size:12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit1]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
525 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
[WOPS] Keiko & June
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2024 21:00:26 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
A quick-moving what?

Oh. The Sharpedo were quick moving! It all made so much more sense.

Wait, fuck. There were Sharpedo in these waters?! “Why the fuck are we in Sharpedo infested waters? Whose idea was this?

She flashed her bright light on and off several times, until Sweety noticed the strange pattern and turned around. At the sight of so many dangerous creatures, she did a complete 180 and circled back around. Many of the viscous creatures tried to attack her, but a quick Bite sent them away.

For a few moments.

Uh… uh… wait, we’re heading for a ship, aren’t we? Just go there– no way in hell these things can follow us in!

June grabbed hold of the slimy blue creature just as she began to flap her tail fin heavily. Like a rocket, she flew through the water with surprising speed and grace. Meanwhile, the pseudo-ranger spared a glance back at her companion. “Hurry up, there ain’t enough room for two of us on this thing and I ain’t fighting off a pack of Sharpedo for you!

She was just the delivery girl. Not an actual ranger. What did they want her to do, solve all their problems and find the shit and make the waters stop rising? Get real– or better yet, pay her more.

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
[WOPS] Keiko & June
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2024 21:10:28 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]Keiko arched a brow at the other woman's panic. She tried not to take it personal, but the disregard felt a little personal. She followed behind June, slower. "I can handle it," she assured, and Pelipper used hydro pump behind Keiko defensively, the forceful jet keeping Sharpedo from getting close to her as she made her way to the building.[break][break]

She squeezed through the opening, popping into a room that was half-filled with water. "Time to snatch and grab, then." She followed Pelipper through an open window, pulling herself into a room that wasn't a drown risk.[break][break]

"You don't think she was actually gonna leave us to the sharpedo, do you?" Pelipper stared at her.[break][break]

[break]
[break]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
525 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
[WOPS] Keiko & June
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2024 19:15:14 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
That implies that you wanted to either kill yourself via Sharpedo mauling,” June clambered in after Keiko and thumped against the floor. She cursed under her breath as she pushed herself up, “Or the rangers wanted to kill you by sending someone completely unprepared.

She was not going to leave Keiko to the Sharpedo, because that implied her partner couldn’t handle the situation. “Regardless, you’re here, and… you look to be in one piece. Looks like you didn’t need me.

Her goggles flew off her face and onto her wrist as she examined their surroundings. Beds, cubbies, and two doors right next to each other. Bathroom, and exit into a hallway. Probably some living quarters. Also probably took up this entire floor of the vessel. Which meant…

They still had to go down. Fuck.

Come on, we won’t find anything here,” her flippers smacked against the damp deck, and she shoved the door open. “Gotta go down a floor.

She didn’t bother to wait around. Faster they moved, faster they left. Thankfully, the stairway down was a hop, skip, and jump in vision.

Even better, the mostly-aquatic storage had knick-knacks and crates either peeking from the surface of the water or floating above. Thank Arceus.

If you want to signal a team, we can start getting this shit out of here,” June picked up the first thing close to her. Meds? Cool. Maybe she could get high as a kite while they wasted whatever oxygen was trapped in here. Wait, don’t think that– she gulped nervously. “Today, if you can.

28. Recover essential resources or items.

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
[WOPS] Keiko & June
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2024 15:22:35 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]Keiko sighed with good humor at June's remarks. "Like the mean older sister I never had..." She teased with a smile.[break][break]

Going down a floor was a good idea. She followed June, who seemed intrinsically opposed to wasting time. [break][break]

"Right, you got it." Keiko pulled out her pager, one lent to her by the Rangers that allegedly worked well underwater, and pinged their location for support units. "You think there's anything super cool in here?" She walked along some crates and peered inside one with the lid ajar. She was nosy, but she wasn't a thief... so no harm no foul, right? [break][break]

She reached her arm inside and pulled out a heavy spiked ball. "This looks like the kind of thing you chain into the ocean floor to deter submarines," she mused aloud, completely unafraid of the implication that it was an explosive device. She put it back gently. "I wish there was something to take back, like a knick-knack."[break][break]

[break]09. Use signaling methods to call for additional support.
[break]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
525 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
[WOPS] Keiko & June
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 19:53:08 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
Probably just supplies, meds, electronic equipment that’s fucked to hell. If we're unlucky, maybe even a–

June jumped back as her eyes strayed towards Keiko. More specifically, the spiked bomb that she held with the care and interest of a toddler with a stuffed animal. Except the stuffed animal was an explosive, and she was a fully grown adult. A very stupid one. Maybe the Sharpedo would’ve killed her after all.

Are you fucking nuts?!” June said as the ranger put the device back where she found it. “The only thing they’ll be taking back is whatever remains if that goes off, you dunce!

She did not dare waddle over and investigate the thing herself. Fortunately for her, her father told her about the dangers of random stuff she had no idea about. Instead, she pulled out her own radio.

Hey, whoever is coming to our coords, take it easy. Looks like we found a bomb. Might be more in the cargo hold. Or, alternatively, if you see a massive explosion in the distance, please put the blame on…

She never got this crazy bitches name, huh? The device was planted firmly into her wetsuit, “Hey, what’s your name again? So I’m not the one they pin our deaths on?

By all means, June wasn’t smart. But she also wasn’t stupid. And as long as this newbie didn't fuck with anything else, dead.

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
[WOPS] Keiko & June
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 20:13:46 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]Keiko flushed bright red at the admonishment. She was used to being praised for her work and the criticism was a stark change. She froze up, feeling guilty and blinking owlishly until the angry older sister type demanded her name. "Keiko Mori..." [break][break]

Despite the conflict, she sort of wanted the little bomb as a keepsake. She was a little sentimental, okay, and it would make a really interesting souvenir. But she was also a realist, so she knew the bomb was to stay put until the proper authorities could get to it. [break][break]

She rubbed at her arm sheepishly. "We did our part for the recovery effort, so all's well that ends well?" She hated when people were mad at her. "And if you're like, not super mad, I'd like to thank you for your help. Um, in the form of a diner visit?" Could she bribe her partner into forgiveness?

[break][break] [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
525 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
[WOPS] Keiko & June
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2024 18:40:31 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
Keiko Mori, that’s who,” June finished while she locked eyes with the flustered ranger. With a shake of her head and a few muttered curses, she returned the radio and sighed. Why did she have to get paired with the rookies? Well, not like she chose her partner. Opposite, actually.

Why did she choose June again?

Not super mad, just super concerned,” she said as she started to trek back up the stairs. Being around her was an ethical and moral headache. “About how you made it this far in life. Don’t touch anything else.

June disappeared into the stair well.

Mauville Litten Cafe, next Wednesday, noon! Don’t be late!

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,467 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
[WOPS] Keiko & June
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2024 4:54:14 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]WOPS COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven